When we began our search on the Internet, we were amazed at all of the things that were available. We created a "SMART" folder on our faculty share drive and continually add to the list when we find or create new things.
Using Smart Board technology in the classroom adds a new twist to teaching. I found this You Tube video that I thought was a great resource about the effectiveness of Smart Boards in the classroom for reading instruction.
Although this is not my classroom, it is an example of how the students can work independently during Choice Time. I found this video on YouTube as well.
Here are some of the resources that I have found to use with our classroom Smart Board.
Some of them are categorized by themes, standards, months, and curriculum topics. There are some really great things to use with all aspects of the curriculum.
Here are some of my favorite links.... Remember that you must have the Smart Board software installed on your computer to fully access the aspects of the lesson.
Favorite Smart Board Links---Click on the links below
Smart Sites
Smart Exchange
Kindergarten Math and Smart Board
Smart Board games and Lessons
I hope that my resource lists will continue to grow. My students LOVE using the Smart Board and I love getting "SMARTER" on new and innovative ways to incorporate this technology into my teaching.
Great, interactive post…. I couldn’t stop clicking on all your links. Each one was better than the next & I especially liked the Smartboard centers & games video link. The absolute joy coming from the kids as they manipulated the Smartboard, while learning, is what teaching is all about. The virtual dice and game pieces make it very easy to have everything right at your fingertips…literally! I also enjoyed browsing through the Smartboard Exchange link. What a benefit to have the correlated standards already in place by grade level. I recently had to create a hypermedia project for one of my graduate classes & couldn’t believe all the resources available to teachers. You found sites I didn’t know about, so I am adding them to my list too. I am sure your classroom is a magical place.
ReplyDeleteHey Michelle, their were so many things I liked about this blog I really do not know where to begin. First, I think the fact that you are a part of a PLC that meets to specifically discuss technology implementation is admirable and commendable. Collaboration is the key to helping all teachers transition to this new phenomenon of 21st century learning. Second, I loved the videos that show the Smart Board in action. Many people are visual learners and seeing the technology being used in the videos will provide ideas and opportunities for other teachers to learn about the Smart Board. Lastly, the links were awesome! I really liked the Smart Board games and lessons link. I honestly have to say I have been fortunate enough to interact with a Smart Board with my students, and they absolutely are enthralled with the lesson when it is in the form of a game. Not that you need my approval, but absolutely wonderful blog this week.
ReplyDeleteMichelle...Thank you for your MORE than thoughtful comments on my blog last week. I appreciate your kind words so very much! You made my day.. :) :)
ReplyDelete